Friday, October 10, 2008
Men's Fall Knitting Retreat 2008
In keeping with the tradition and high standards set this year by the folks that produced the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat 2008, we are excited to present this opportunity for an all male retreat located at the continent's edge at the mouth of the San Francisco Bay. it provides the setting for an unforgettable retreat in a natural, functional setting and is only ten minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge in the Marin Headlands. Retreat website can be accessed at http://www.pointbonitaymca.org/conference.html.
The price for the weekend is $180 per person. This includes bed (dormitory style, like summer camp!), 3 meals a day (including special dietary needs if required) and a private conference room for mixers, classes and bull sessions. And if that wasn't enough to recommend the facility, the Golding Fiber Institute hosts their spinning retreat at this retreat space!!!
Read a recap HERE!
The total amount is for this event per person is $180. This breaks down as follows:
* $148 per person - Point Bonita Retreat fee
* $8.50 per person - Environmental Education fee (based on $75 total)
* $10 per person - MFKR Administrative Fees (helps us with printing, gas, time spent online, etc.)
* $10 per person - Men's Knitting Retreat fee (this will help us setup MKR website and other costs)
* $3.50 per person - PayPal fees
* $180.00 - Total Weekend Cost Per Person (does not include the cost of airfare if you're flying into the Bay Area)
Check-in is Friday, November 7 starting @ 3pm
Check-out is Sunday, November 9 @ 11am (but we can remain on-site until 5pm)
We will require your payment in full at the time of your registration. Please contact Michael Wade (WonderMike on Ravelry, or [mikealanwade at gmail.com] if you would like to join us. And if you'd like to get your groovy MFKR2008 swag, check out the Cafe Press store.