Videos

Monday, March 3, 2008

Over the Fold and Through The Wool

I've been really enjoying my drop spindles, now that I don't totally suck at drafting and suspending. I took a great class at KnitOneOne with Brooke from Tactile Fiber Arts Studio and I really do love the "over the fold" technique that I learned. It's so much easier to concentrate on the drafting and not worry about the spindle going out of control and falling. It's a much smoother, controlled process and I'm getting some seriously fine singles.

This lovely fiber here is from Kristine at A Verb For Keeping Warm. It's a wonderful Blue Faced Leicester that is called Magic Bean. It's a green I go weak in the knees for. So weak, that I had to buy more of a related colorway, Magic Blue-Green Bean and another lovely hue, Vermillion.

If you want to get some of this amazing stuff, you can visit her online store or Article Pract in Oakland. I have it on a good authority that AP will also be carrying Tactile Fiber Arts studio fiber (deliciousness!!) and the glorious fiber of Krista of Pigeonroof Studios.

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I literally did not understand ONE WORD of that first paragraph, you spinners and your specialized lingo!! But I am dying for the Pigeonroof Studios yarn...now you're talking my language, kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mwah! Thanks for the kudos! Can't wait to see your spinning in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yah, what's "over the fold"???
    :o) you sounds like such a pro at the spinning now!!! and aw geez that roving is gawwwww-jus.
    heehee. ek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely spinning! I do so admire people who spin well on drop spindles...because I don't. :)

    ReplyDelete